- 24 wild Alaska spot prawns, peeled, rinsed, and cut in half lengthwise
- juice of 2 limes
- 10 to 12 fresh mint leaves, divided
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced (about 4 to 5 ounces)
- 1 to 2 serrano chilies, seeded and minced
- 2 tsp. Alaska pure sea salt, divided
- Alaskan watercress sprouts, if desired
- 1 to 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, for garnish
- crackers, for serving, if desired
Place lime juice in large, non-reactive or glass bowl. Add prawn halves, half of the mint leaves, cucumber, serrano, and half of sea salt; toss to coat. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, until the prawns start to turn white around the edges.
Using a spoon, divide prawns among 4 plates or transfer to one large plate. Spoon marinating liquid over prawns. Garnish with remaining mint leaves, Alaskan watercress and remaining sea salt. Drizzle olive oil over plate and serve, with crackers, if desired.
Recipe by Beau Schooler, the Rookery, Juneau, AK
Recipe and photo courtesy of Alaska Seafood