This creamy spot prawn scampi recipe comes to us from Little Ferraro Kitchen.
- 8 ounces cooked linguini or fettuccini
- ½ cup reserved pasta water
- 3 large garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup spot prawn stock
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tbsp. mascarpone cheese
- 16 oz, Wild Alaskan Spot Prawns, peeled and deveined
- chopped parsley, for garnish
In a large skillet over medium heat, drizzle olive oil and add butter. Once butter is melted, stir in sliced garlic, red pepper flakes, and oregano and cook until garlic is lightly golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
Pour in white wine and spot prawn stock and allow to reduce for about 3 minutes. Next add in fresh lemon zest, lemon juice and stir in mascarpone cheese. Add in spot prawns and turn heat down to low, stirring everything together until the prawns are just cooked.
Once done, add in cooked pasta and reserved pasta water and turn off heat. Stir everything together and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Yields 2-3 servings