- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. wild Alaskan spot prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup Alaskan grown tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup Alaskan grown fresh basil, roughly chopped
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh cooked pasta or grilled bread, for serving
Melt butter with garlic in a small pan over medium-low heat, just until garlic begins to brown. Remove from heat.
Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Pat prawns dry with a paper towel. Add prawns and cook, shaking pan back and forth to prevent sticking, until prawns begin to turn opaque, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and basil, then add garlic butter; turn off heat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with cooked pasta or grilled bread.
Recipe by Chef Stefani Marnon, Chef Stef’s, Juneau, AK
Serves 4 to 6