Here’s a note from Margee: “I came up with this recipe after being lucky enough to visit France. One of the best things about this recipe other than it tastes great is the easy cleanup.”
- 2 tap. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 c. thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1 c. sliced wild mushrooms
- 1/4 c. chopped green onions
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Herbes de Provence
- 16 oz. tube prepared polenta, sliced into 8 rounds
- 4 X 6 oz. Alaska Gold coho salmon portions, patted dry
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 c. toasted pine nuts
Preheat oven to 450°F. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet, add fennel, mushrooms, green onions, garlic, and Herbes de Provence, sauté for 3 minutes.
Tear off 4 sheets (about 12 x 24″ each) of parchment paper, fold each sheet in half crosswise. Place 2 slices of polenta on each sheet close to the crease. Set salmon portion on polenta and sprinkle with salt. Divide mushroom mixture among the packets, spooning it over the fish. Close packets and seal edges with small tight folds. Place packets on two large baking sheets. Bake packets until fish is just cooked through, about 12-14 minutes. To serve, cut an X in the top with scissors and carefully fold open. Sprinkle pine nuts over each and serve.
Original recipe by Margee