4 King Salmon Collars
1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon squeezed (1⁄2 reserved to squeeze to serve)
8 cloves garlic, minced
1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
For the Mediterranean Salad
1 cup marinated artichokes, cut in quarters
1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
1⁄2 cup Kalamata olives
1⁄2 cup sliced red onions
1⁄2 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
1. In a small bowl, mix olive oil, juice of half a lemon, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper, and set
2. Cut the fins off the collars using kitchen scissors, and discard.
3. Add the collars to an olive oil-greased 9x13 inch baking dish, and coat both sides with
half of the lemon garlic mixture. Cover and let marinate for at least 2 hours.
4. Remove and let sit for 20 minutes before cooking.
7. Squeeze the other half of the lemon and sprinkle with pine nuts to serve.
8. Enjoy the dish warm - on its own, or on a bed of rice. Watch for bones, and don’t be afraid to enjoy the skin.